Our project culminated with the production of a whitepaper, “Recommendations for Improving the Wayfinding Experience in The Boston Home,” delivered to our collaborators at The Boston Home and their CEO. The paper:
- Frames the problem;
- Provides information on prior interventions at The Boston Home;
- Outlines our research process;
- Details general information about residents of the home and lists three possible resident personas to consider in future design work;
- Outlines design principles future interventions should uphold: independence, safety, perceptibility, intuitiveness, and homeyness;
- Suggests wayfinding interventions at a variety of pricepoints that focus on learning, remembering, and feeling, as per Eckhard Feddersen’s theories detailed in Lost in Space : Architecture and Dementia;
- Provides considerations for future work.